International Preschool Teacher needed in Shanghai Start in Sept......2019/01/13
About the contract
Compensation and Benefits:
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am 4:00pm
- Starting August 2019
- Location: Shanghai, locations in Hongmei & Qingpu
- Class Size: 20-22 students, Chinese co-teacher and Teaching Assistant (TA) present at all times. Teacher student ratio about
- 230,000 - 310,000RMB per year, depending on qualifications and teaching experience
- 8,500RMB per month housing allowance
- End of contract bonus based on working performance
- Comprehensive Medical insurance value up to 9,000 RMB per year
- Paid holidays: Chinese government holidays, 1 week for spring festival, 3 weeks for Christmas, 1 week for Easter, 7 weeks off in the summer
- Airport pickup and accommodation upon arrival (self-paid)
- Legal work visa & Foreign Expert Card
- Round-trip airfare either purchased or reimbursed depending on situation (up to 12000 RMB per year)
The following is a list of some important key tasks to this position:
- Native English Language speaker from the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada or South Africa.
- At least 2 years relevant Reception (4-5 years old) teaching experience in country of origin preferred and abroad.
- TESOL certificate preferred, however, must have an understanding of working alongside children who have English as a second or third language.
- Experience with the British National Curriculum (preferred) and Early Years Foundation Stage (essential) along with experience teaching Phonics and the Abacus Math Program.
- Professional teaching license (essential) (Qualified Teacher Status/Teacher Registration from country or origin)
- BA, BEd, BTchng in Early Years or Primary Education (essential)
- Age required: 22 – 55
- Open to diversity and living within the Chinese culture and Shanghai.
- Ideal candidate must be an Early Years or Primary professional who is career orientated and passionate about teaching and pedagogy. Bring a willingness to combine their western expertise with Chinese culture to present the best of both worlds for the students.
- Conduct Block planning within the UK EYFS national curriculum and have a sound understanding of planning and assessment for learning.
- Implement and assess the Phonics and Abacus Math programs.
- Parent partnerships, effective communication with Parents through multiple media.
- Facilitate the learning environment and communicate with the Coordinator regarding resources.
- Class and year level newsletter.
- Assessment for learning – keep up to date and relevant data pertaining to children’s learning and development to assist with writing mid-year and end of year reports.
- Attend assembly and conduct class assembly when required.
- Network across the teaching team for school events such as Year Book, Winter Fair, and the Arts Festival.
If you are interested in this position, please contact us by wechat: Iseeesl002 or email email@example.com
Back to the job list